Sicktracks.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Facebook killed.........

RETIRED/GROWN UP MaTTy SF TonOProbz!?'s Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Facebook killed.........

i cannot stand FB anymore. it's getting to the point where it keeps me connected w/ people i DO NOT want to be connected to. i also do not want half these people knowing about my everyday life, or reaching out asking for favors, donations, etc. enough is enough. and yes, i have a horrible group of people in my life which is why i get these requests so often.

i dont use it often, more so to creep on girls. but i am thinking of just getting rid of it all together. i need a break.
    well, I updated the signature. let's face it, the "I'm too nice, I really am" has gotten old. its true, but old. I've grown old w/ ST and I owe ST for a lot good times. it's a hell of a way to pass time and to pass time w/ people like yourself, people you enjoy and respect (well, maybe not that, but some) on a daily basis. looking back, it's whacky how much has taken place since Oct 2001. there have been good, bad, absolutely terrible, life threatening and much more. but yet, I am still here and I post. I even talk to some of my true loved ones (guys) over text to this day. much <3 (m gay for that heart) to my fellow ST'ers. It's been a long and winding road (Beatles reference) for sure.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Doubletime View Post
    Yep... It should be called baby book... These parents dress their kids up in outfits every week just to take pics of them and post it on facebook to show off their kid or compete with the other parents on who'd kid is the cutest.... It's pretty pathetic actually. If i had kids, I don't think I would pimp them out on facebook...

Sure you would, because you would be a proud parent and want to show off your son or daughter. I know from experience.

I just recently joined the FB cult but I told myself I am not just going to accept a friend request just to do it. If I don't talk to you on a normal basis then there is no reason for me to talk to you on FB, especially when it comes to people I work with.
    There's nothing wrong with me
    There's something wrong with you
    There's something wrong with me
    I hope your stepson doesn't eat the fish
    There's nothing wrong with me
    There's something wrong with you

Downloads
    Uploads
    Blog Entries

That's insane... I haven't came across that yet but then again I haven't joined any websites in a while. The thing that sucks about the privacy thing is that your profile is accessible to facebook and it's sponsors even after you deactivate it. So it doesn't even matter if you cancel it or not.

I activated my timeline and WOW.... It had every post and pic I posted since I started in 2008.... I had to delete so much shit it was insanely annoying. But to think all this time all of my posts and pics were sitting on their servers and will always be there till the end of time. Not cool br0.
    Yea, take Spotify for instance. You now have to join with your facebook account. And if you're not careful you'll be posting every song you listen to on facebook. Other sites have comment sections that let you use your facebook account to post, but what else is going on when you post? It's being posted to facebook! Or facebook is at least saving that info like you said and who knows what they are doing with it down the line.

Even twitter is doing the same thing, another service I don't trust. I send my friend a tweet because he doesn't have a cell phone and the next thing you know he's re-tweeting it to 1000 people, and not only that but it's getting posted to his facebook wall and who knows what other services he's using.

The only things I share are meaningless stuff, but I highly suggest everyone look through the preferences on facebook. You'd be surprised what they are doing with your info/comments/photos. It's scary, and the worst thing of all is that facebook is always changing their privacy policy. What they really want is for everything you say and do on facebook to be searchable by google forever. They want "openness", which to me equates to stupidity, because all they are interested in is monetizing your life, your thoughts, your pictures. It's evil.

The main reason this site is shit is because of me, but facebook didn't help at all. I don't post music, I'm barely on it. I have a 2.5 hour commute every day, life goes on, but at least it's still up thanks to safetm3. But sites like this are so much more safer to pass some time on. You make up a screen name and not have to really worry about anything. Facebook wants your full name, will never let you change it. You're screwed. I think the only answer is for me to delete my account and sign up with a fake name that only friends will recognize.
    We like the music, we like the disco sound...hey!

Downloads
    Uploads

Yep... It should be called baby book... These parents dress their kids up in outfits every week just to take pics of them and post it on facebook to show off their kid or compete with the other parents on who'd kid is the cutest.... It's pretty pathetic actually. If i had kids, I don't think I would pimp them out on facebook...

Theres couples on there who have like 1 picture of themselves and like 3000 of their kids.

I told my friend that you know your childs pictures are in facebooks servers forever.

Decade Long Domination Mikey Bananas's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Fedge View Post
    I think the only answer is for me to delete my account and sign up with a fake name that only friends will recognize.
    JME?
    Konichiwa

Downloads
    Uploads

Never joined FB, never will -ST forevaaa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Bananas View Post
    JME?
    Your GF!

Downloads
    Uploads

every parent wants to show off their kid whether it's at work, home, friends or family, so facebook applies. i love bragging at how wonderful vick is, that's what happens when you have a family and realize you are no longer the most awesome person ever. it also makes life easier, rather than emailing my parents pictures every week.

i don't like people that have 700 friends, i don't like 70 people let alone 700+ people.

i love lizzy and ellen.
    i'm a 10-15m

Bboy Harris Comin Atcha Bboy Harris's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Fedge View Post
    Wrong script new death.
    That was pretty funny man
    1,430 downloads and counting on my mix:Mark Anthony - Organic Substance

Thank you for all the support sicktracks

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by i ReaLLy CanT View Post
    every parent wants to show off their kid whether it's at work, home, friends or family, so facebook applies. i love bragging at how wonderful vick is, that's what happens when you have a family and realize you are no longer the most awesome person ever. it also makes life easier, rather than emailing my parents pictures every week.

i don't like people that have 700 friends, i don't like 70 people let alone 700+ people.

i love lizzy and ellen.

i just can't do fb, i perma-banned myself years ago and its much better. however, everyone forgets my birthday now! haha.
    what's the difference between 3 dicks and a joke? your mom can't take a joke.

I joined sicktracks when I was 17, I'm 26 now! Almost ten years on st bros

Downloads
    Uploads

I have FB just for Chachie
    Get weird with it

Downloads
    Uploads

I still prefer Myspace and google+